EVERYONE MUST KNOW
- ALL WEIGHT CLASSES ARE MAXIMUMS RIGHT BEFORE YOUR FIRST MATCH***
The weigh ins will be right before your first match in the GI and before your first match in NO GI.
- All Divisions with 4 or more competitors will have a ‘fight for 3rd’ place match.
- By the International Federation rules, College Wrestlers can not compete as a White belts.
- ALL COMPETITORS MUST HAVE VALID ID TO COMPETE (Before each fight, athletes will be asked to show their valid form of photo identification(ID) to the officials)
- It is the parents responsibility to bring valid ID for their child competitors.
( Examples: Birth Certificate or copy, Passport, IBJJF Card, School ID with Birth Date )
- The brackets will be organized by software, so that athletes from the same team will face each other no later than the semi final match.
- All the medals will be awarded only on the podium at the completion of the division, for athletes who place in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in their division.
- The T-shirts must be picked up at the event’s T-shirt booth.
- There is a limit on the number of athletes in order to guarantee a high quality event. We will be posting info on the social media.
- PRIDE BJJ reserves the right to close registration when we reach full capacity, or on the day of the appointed event registration deadline, whichever comes first.
- Double check the registration information on our website clicking COMPETITORS.
If there are any issues contact us immediately by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clean gi and no gi uniform, in proper condition by Pridebjj.com / Rules. We will have a Gi Checker.
- For Kids and Adults with special needs, please register and contact us ASAP with further info.
- REFUND POLICY ***
We are going to give a full refund to any competitor that we are unable to provide a safe and competitive match for.
During the registration period, review the list and see if there are competitors in your division.
Until 48 hours before the event starts, anyone that does not have a match is entitled to a full refund.
But you also may request a change on your registration, subject to be approved. *CREDITS CAN BE DIRECTLY APPLIED TO A FUTURE EVENT *CANCELLATIONS ARE ISSUED UP UNTIL THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE MINUS A $20 CANCELLATION FEE**
- Pre-schedule (Kids morning – Adults afternoon) Official schedule will be released only Thursday (event week).
- Competitors will receive, until Friday at the event week, the ring number and estimation fight time at the email provided at the registration form. Please also check your spam for registration confirmation.
- Competitors must keep the kimono and belt tied all times while in the waiting or competition area.
- The athletes are not allowed to jump over the fences/barricades in the competition area.
- Arrive at the event only 60 minutes prior to your division schedule. The competitor should be warmed up by the time your bracket is called.
- At the designated time, go to the warm up area, wearing your GI and a picture ID.
- The competitor must be at the concentration ring number area 10 min before the estimated fight time, received by email, to avoid disqualifications.
- You also can check the schedule at the concentration screen area.
- The ring coordinator will be wearing a vest with the ring number for your division and he/she will call your name only 3 times. Meet the ring coordinator at the specific concentration area, to have your uniform inspected.
- Be the first one to register in your division and be surprise seeing other competitors follow you.
- For the points system calculation, register under the same team name. Ex: Super Man BJJ is not the same as Super Man Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- No T-shirts under the female jackets Gis, only sport bra or rash guard.
- Male Gi Divisions / no rash guards, no T-shirts no groin protection.
ONLY prepay spectator passes ONLINE at the registration form, as we have limitations on space. Spectators fee $15
Kids 5yrs old and under Free
Seniors, Veterans 65+yrs $5
Spectator Fees Are NOT Refundable
KIDS & PARENTS MUST KNOW:
(Kids Competing in 4 and 5 year Old Brackets)
Submissions allowed. The referee will restart the fight from standing. At the end, both competitors arms will be raised.
They will receive a Gold medal and each of them will count as 1(one) point towards their academy score.
- New Age Groups For Kids
Youth 1 = 2016, 2015 Girls and Boys Together – No Submissions
Youth 2 = 2014, 2013 Girls and Boys Together
Youth 3 = 2012, 2011 Girls and Boys Together
Youth 4 = 2010, 2009 Girls and Boys Together
Youth 5 = 2008, 2007 Girls and Boys Separate
Youth 6 = 2006, 2005 Girls and Boys Separate
For Youth 1,2,3,4 – if there are at least 2 boys and 2 girls, the division will be split
- If necessary:
White and Grey Belt Kids may be mixed in groups similar in age and weight.
Grey and Yellow Belt Kids may be mixed in groups similar in age and weight.
Yellow and Orange Belt Kids may be mixed in groups similar in age and weight.
Orange and Green Belt Kids may be mixed in groups similar in age and weight.
- GIRLS & BOYS will fight on the same bracket?
Girls and Boys born 2017 – 2009 will compete TOGETHER in their respective belt/weight division.
Girls and Boys born in and before 2008 will compete SEPARATELY in their respective belt/weight division.
If there are two or more girls AND two or more boys in the same division, we may split them into separate divisions.
- There are no Open divisions for Kids and White belts.
- There will be an Open division for Juvenile, ONLY for Blue and Purple belts Middle weight and above.
- Weight Stations will confirm the info provided at the registration. In overweight cases, chances are to replace the child in another division, without refund option but with parents and coaches agreement.
All staff will be working hard to everyone have a nice day.
ADULTS MUST KNOW
- There are no Open divisions for White belts, only for Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black Belts.
- If you are alone on your division and wish to receive a medal to compete in the open division ( Blue, Purple, Brown, Black ), you are not eligible for a refund.
- Extra scale will be available all day. Double check your weight in order to avoid disqualifications.
- Gold medal to all first place
- Silver medal to all second place
- Bronze medal to all third place.
You must be a current Jiu-Jitsu student in good standing, under some school or team, with the ability to provide your coaches info.
You must sign the waiver form correctly and be sure to fill in all information on official entry form.
Any false information given on the application will result in a disqualification.
You must be officially weighed in with your uniform on and your belt properly tied.
Only coaches and athletes are allowed in the weight in area.
No coaching will be permitted in any ring, at ringside or on the tournament floor at any time for all color belt divisions for all ages (except in the case of a medical emergency and ONLY to 4 and 5 yrs old competitors)
In the spirit the sport Jiu-Jitsu, the focus of each event will be competitor versus competitor.
Let’s learn lessons, respecting the opponent, staff and the public.
Be respectful to the staff, officials other athletes and coaches. In turn they will show you the same courtesy.
Be respectful to the referees, showing consideration and appreciation for the performance of his or her duties.
All referees are Black Belts and MAKE the final decision.
In the case that you registered and you can’t find your name on the list, please email us right away so we can resolve the problem.
If anyone needs to make any changes to their registration or any other questions or concerns need to go through this email email@example.com.